Li Jin Newsletter
What people are saying:
“Passion Economy pioneer” “The authoritative voice in the space”
“She sits at the intersection of start-up investing and the fast-growing ecosystem of online creators, both of which are red hot.” (The New York Times)
“The best thinker out there on the future of being a creator on the internet.”
Here is some of my past writing:
- The Creator Economy Needs a Middle Class (HBR)Exploring the missing creator middle class, and 10 strategies for rectifying it.
- A Labor Movement for the Platform Economy (HBR)What does labor activism look like in the new platform economy?
- Li Jin on the Future of the Creator Economy (The Economist)
- The Passion Economy and the Future of Work
New digital platforms enable people to earn a livelihood in a way that highlights–rather than commoditizes–their individuality.
- 100 True Fans
An update on Kevin Kelly’s classic idea of “1,000 True Fans.” To make a living as a creator, you only need 100 true fans, not 1,000. I outline the four necessary components necessary to make a living off a smaller base of true fans.
- What’s Next for Marketplace Startups: Reinventing the $10 Trillion Service Economy
Marketplace startups have re-invented the way we shop for goods, but lag behind in terms of how we discover and access services.
I’ll send you an email every once in a while with thoughts about creation, media, the internet, the future…all of the things that you’re probably a little anxious and excited about, but would feel better knowing more.